The following orthodontic treatment steps
- First Examination
- Diagnosis and Planning
- Orthodontic Treatment Process (Active Treatment)
- Strengthening Treatment (Passive Treatment)
If you are seeing disorders such as jarring, tightness, dislocatİon in your teeth or problems in your jaws you should go to your dentitst or orthodontist in order to be examined immediately. The orthodontist is the person who will give you information about whether orthodontic treatment can be done or not. Correct diagnosis is the most important stage of the treatment.
First Examination and Preparition
Before going to the orthodontic treatment stage, an orthodontist specialist examine you. Your orthodontist gives you general information about oral and dental health after he has examined the entire mouth in detail. He will tell you roughly what the appropriate treatment can cover, alternative treatment practices (if it is available), problems that may arise in treatment, treatment duration, success after treatment and treatment stages. If you have any questions, you will be answered in this first appointment so that you do not have any questions in your mind.
At this stage, some conditions must be met in order to start treatment.
– Before the orthodontic treatment begins, all cavities must be treated to ensure oral hygiene,
– If you have a gum problem, make your gums healthy,
– Keeping treatment records,
– Making the measurements and analyzes necessary for planning
– Taking of panoramic and cephalometric X-ray films to help in the quick and complete treatment planning. These x-rays enable the orthodontist to see visibly untouchable problems such as any caries, cysts or tumors in the mouth and teeth, both in the mouth and out of the mouth, before the treatment begins.
– Before and after treatment; Taking pictures of your face, mouth and teeth which will be the treatment guide.
-Taking of models for upper jaw and lower tibia for the treatment and diagnostic stage.